Home Theatre Automation Or A Media Room; Which Is The Best?
If you are an entertainment enthusiast, you might have considered having a dedicated space for entertainment in your home. Setting up a room for the same with automated devices has become a very popular trend nowadays. Home theatres and media rooms are the two common terms which are heard verycommon in connection with home automation.This article is meant to give you a clear idea regarding the difference between the both.
A home theatre is a room which is fully dedicated to enjoy videos and music. The room is set up so as to reproduce the best sound and picture quality. The room would have a door to shut it out from the rest of the house. The walls, the ceiling and the door have to be made of soundproof materials so that the loud voices inside the room do not disturb others outside and the vice versa.
The following are the components and features which make an excellent home theatres.
- A video display of large size placed at the right height and distance from the viewing position
- Comfortable seats arranged in rows
- Risers to adjust the height of seats
- Sound-isolating walls, ceilings and door and no windows.
- Construction incorporating the best sound reproduction features
- Correctly placed speakers to give the best sound effects
- Room should be fully or nearly dark when lights are turned off
- Home theatre automation control(to control the light, sound, and video settings all at one place)
What are the advantages and disadvantages of a home theatre? Let us have a look!
- Provides you with an excellent visual and audio experience.
- Better light and sound control and efficient system design can be implemented as the entire space is solely dedicated for a single purpose
- The room cannot be used for anything else. It blocks the area for a single purpose.
A media room is a space which serves multiple purposes such as a room to watch TV or movies, to listen to music and also acts as a living room, family room, etc. The room can also be used a video games or other amusing games corner. You can set up the media room according to your interests and requirements. Media rooms are usually preferred over home theatres by those having space constraints in their home. The components of a media room may vary according to your interests; a video display and seats to view the same are mandatory.
Now let us move on to the advantages and disadvantages of a media room.
- Multiple uses for a single room-For example, you can play games and watch TV in the same room.
- Better socialization -People can involve in various activities of their own interest while being together in the same room
- Better use of space – Ideal for those who do not have enough space in their house to allot a room solely for home theatre.
- You may not have enough space for a big video display
- Less number of seats
- Sound reproduction may not be good
- Lighting arrangement may not provide an excellent visual experience
- External noise disturbances
Home Theatre Or Media Room; Use The Best Home Automation Products!
Upon analysing the pros and cons of both home theatres and media rooms, you might have reached a conclusion regarding which one to implement in your house. Whatever your choice is, make sure you use the best products to execute the same. Automation and smart features that are incorporated in your entertainment options can be enjoyed fully only when you use the best gadgets. All your efforts will go in vain if the automation control fails to work. So, do not compromise on the quality of the products; choose only the best ones!
Go For Smart Home Automation And Enjoy Smart Entertainment!
Technology has come a far way and has cast its impact on the entertainment field too. The conventional methods no more suffice to provide a rich experience while enjoying videos and music, playing video games, etc. Be it a home theatre or a media room, make sure you make it truly smart so that you get a remarkable experience at the click of a single button!